PISÉO has state-of-the-art optical design and simulation tools. They represent an undeniable asset as true digital prototyping tools that allow rapid and reliable performance evaluation.
Our experts use this specialized software every day and have fully mastered it. They will do feasibility studies and optical system design on the most suitable software.
Zemax enables design studies of optical systems in imaging, from dimensioning to component specification.
This optical simulation software is particularly provided with tools for measuring image quality including Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) and diffraction. This enables quick optimization of complex imaging systems. A mixed mode can exploit solutions obtained with manufacturer data sources or Computer Aided Design (CAD) mechanical parts.
These digital prototypes can then be tested in tolerancing to estimate the manufacturing yields on different criteria expected by our customers. In addition, anxious to satisfy all its customers, PISÉO regularly updates the available materials database with commercial references from the market. Our optical simulation experts thus have the possibility of always offering the customer the best design.
LightTools® is a comprehensive design and analysis software platform for virtual prototyping of optical systems. It includes tools for advanced geometric modeling of components to which the user adds the optical properties of materials and surfaces. Many radiation sources can be modeled based on their physical characteristics including emission spectrum, luminance distribution, polarization and coherence, to simulate a wide variety of optical systems.
Beyond ray tracing simulations, LightTools® also has dedicated design tools for light guides, screen backlighting systems and complex free-form surfaces. The large number of parameters needed to design such systems makes it necessary to use suitable optimization techniques to specify optical components.
The non-sequential simulation capabilities of LightTools® make it possible to evaluate many performance parameters. These include distribution of illumination, luminous intensity types A-C, luminance, colorimetry for a wide variety of applications. LightTools® also incorporates unique analysis capabilities for the study of stray light phenomena.
LightTools® has strengths in major optical design aspects such as:
- advanced geometric modeling of complex surfaces, exchanging geometric data with our customers’ CAD software
- pattern modeling
- the optical properties of the materials: refractive index, index gradient, addition of scattering particles and phosphors
- the optical properties of surfaces: multilayer deposits, generic diffusion laws and bidirectional scattering distribution function (BSDF), for which LightTools® has a large database of materials
- optical properties of the sources through generic models or ray files from laboratory characterization
- the polarization of light
- coherent light simulations
- the simulation of luminance distributions
- parametric modeling allowing the use of optimization techniques
- colorimetric analysis
- stray light analysis