The performance of LED based illumination systems (lamps, modules, luminaires) depends strongly on LEDs thermal management.
A junction temperature (area of the semiconductor from which the light is emitted) too high can generate:
- a significant reduction in product lifetime (up to 50% at 10 ° C)
- a significant loss of luminous flux
- a reduced energy efficiency
- a drift of spectral distribution therefore colorimetric coordinates
- aging (yellowing) of the optics
Thermal camera temperature mapping
This type of measurement makes heat dissipation efficiency analysis of the measured system and hot spots detection possible.
Punctual thermocouple measurements
Measurements using thermocouples are accurate and allow acquisitions to be made over long periods of time.
Thermal camera :
Thermocouples & acquisition central