Systems of machine vision are becoming more and more widespread and one can find many commercially ready-to-use cameras and lenses.
Nevertheless, the software for processing captured images, even very elaborate, do not always succeed in discriminating sufficiently the scenes because of an ill-adapted illumination.
By using a properly designed and realized illuminator, it is possible to compensate for lens vignetting problems, colorimetry and scene uniformity.
Inspection of mechanical structures by means of a drone.
Design of an illumination system to compensate vignetting due to the lens of the camera and thus improve the overall performance of the inspection system (efficiency, date reliability).
- Determination of the illumination performance requirements.
- Inventory of possible optical architectures.
- Search for compatible LED components.
- Optical design of promising solutions.
- Detailed comparisons of achievable performance based on simulation of optical systems with LightTools.
- Detailed design of the illuminator and prototyping.
- Characterization of the optical performance of the prototype using PISEO’s LMT goniophotometer.